The Hydroseal range of hydrocarbon products of products are used as organic extenders in caulks and silicone sealants by caulk manufacturers around the world. Hydroseal products increase the sealant’s transparency and extrusion rate, enhance rheology and smoothing.
Finally, Hydroseal’s highly competitive positioning considerably reduces the cost of the formula compared to silicone oils. Hydroseal offers an excellent compromise between cost and performance and covers every segment of the caulk and silicone sealants market.
Hydroseal G232H and G250HL:
Excellent compatibility, typically for entry level products and home improvement stores.
High compatibility, with reduced shrinkage, offering an excellent cost and performance compromise. Some great general uses are in standard sealing products for bathrooms or glazing for example.
The Hydroseal physical-chemical properties are perfectly suited to the application requirements:
- Exceptionally pure (extremely low aromatic content)
- Clear and odorless
- Excellent UV stability
- Low shrinkage grades available
- Non staining fluids against yellow alloys and aluminum
- Compatible with Silicone polymers
- Narrow boiling range
- Approved for indirect food contact (to find out more about these FDA authorizations, please contact us)
- Mild to skin
- Non-VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) according to EC/1999/13 and CARB (California Air Resources Board).
The VOC emission rate of a reference silicone sealant containing 25% of Hydroseal G 280H has been measured and rated A+, the highest score under French regulations. It also meets the German AgBB requirement after 30 days.
Under the same conditions, the products also comply with the US LEED and the California Department of Public Health Indoor Air Quality Program.